On your way to apply for a mortgage? Save time by checking whether you have all the documents you need.
Required documents for applicants:
- Mortgage application form, completed and signed as required.
- Israeli ID cards (both parts) of the applicants (or foreign passports) .
- Income verification: copies of payslips for the last three months; self-employed applicants should provide their most recent tax return, VAT reports, and auditor's report (a template is available from the bank)
- Statements from all checking accounts held by the applicants for the last three months
- Certificate of eligibility, if the applicants are eligible for a loan from the Ministry of Construction and Housing.
- Land Registry extract or confirmation from the housing company or Israel Land Authority regarding all property rights and encumbrances.
- Copy of an extract from the mortgage registry, in accordance with the ID numbers of all those who hold rights to the property, in the event that the applicants wish to purchase a secondhand apartment that has not yet been registered in the owners' names at the Land Registry Office.
- A signed contract of sale for the apartment, in accordance with the law.
- Real estate appraisal report by a certified appraiser acting on the bank's behalf.
- A clearance of encumbrances certificate, in the event that the property previously had any such encumbrances.
- Amendment of a bank guarantee / insurance policy, in accordance with the Sales Law (when purchasing a new apartment).
- Authorization to debit an account at a commercial bank for the purpose of collecting monthly loan payments.
- Life insurance policy.
- Construction loans – building plan, construction permit, and approval from an engineer regarding the construction phase.
Required documents for guarantors:
Israeli ID cards (both parts) of the guarantors (or foreign passports)
Income verification: copies of payslips for the last three months; self-employed guarantors should provide their most recent tax return, VAT reports, and auditor's report (a template is available from the bank).
Provision of credit is at the sole discretion of the bank. Failure to comply with loan repayment may result in interest on arrears and repossession proceedings..